Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like fall (again)!

Today, really for the first time this year, I looked out my window and was like 'Oh. Yup, it's fall.' Not Autumn, which to me is when all the leaves change color and you have beautiful crisp blue-sky days and being outside really is just pure delight (especially when there are leaf-piles and friends involved). Fall is that point when most of the leaves have fallen, and the sky is slate gray. It's like practice winter.

This is my third Summer-(Autumn)Fall-Winter transition in a row, and while I find that I don't mind it as much as I thought I would (in New Zealand the change made me miserable, but that could have been because they didn't really have an Autumn, and Winter just involved a lot of rain and cold wind where I was), I don't really like it. Truly, I prefer Autumn. Color everywhere, blue skies, chilly enough for hot mulled apple cider to be appropriate, but not so cold that you don't want to go out.

Anyway, this is a practice post, in a way. I want to get back into blogging! Looking back at previous posts, I had a lot of fun with it. We'll see how it goes!

And now, time for class.

No comments: