Tuesday, August 5, 2008

License

I finally got my license! I have to say, I really didn't know what I was missing until I was able to get around under my own power. The privacy of the car to pump up the music as loud as you like and sing at the top of your lungs - or screech, as the case may be - or just listen to the woosh of the wind and the churning or the engine... it's peaceful. Much more peaceful than i imagined. i always figured it would be annoying, because I like to read in the car, and if you're driving then you obviously can't pull out your book and read a chapter or two, but there are other things to keep you occupied. I guess what's really nice is that the trips I've taken in the past few days are the first I've taken alone in my nearly 3 years of driving - that and also the fact that I've had 3 years of driving experience. There isn't much frightening about driving alone (I thought there would be), and I think that when I drive alone, I have more confidence. I certainly have more confidence since I got my license - it's like confirmation that I've been doing things right!
And yet, with all that said for driving alone, I'm going to go wake up my hoser brother and see if he wants to come with me to Watertown.

No comments: