Friday, March 21, 2008

Age?

I'm really tired.
I just got home for spring break, and I'm sad to not be at Wellesley.
-What?-
I know. Ridiculous. I'm definitely happy to be home though, although somewhat disappointed by the fact that it isn't a week at home, it's half a week in Florida and then a few days at home.
Sadly, I have a feeling that I'll be doing most of my homework in Florida. Simply because I won't have internet/anything to do. Isn't that funny? At least, ironic.

Honestly, I'm really bothered by something that someone said to me today... an implication that I don't act my age, or that the way that I act is less than mature - and wrong. Why? Because I get excited at interesting things? That I find the world amazing? It's true, that does make me more akin to a 4 year old than a 25 year old in this society, but, honestly, why is that? It's because the 25 year old stops taking joy in his/her surroundings because s/he's seen it all before. Why do I have to be like that in order to be considered mature? I handle situations beyond my 18 (or... 4) years with just as much, if not more, maturity than the next adult, while continuing to enjoy the world.

Man, I guess I'm just an awkward mix of 4 year old and 18 year old.

Darn.

No comments: